September 11, 2010

A New Creation

Most recently our oldest child was baptized.  Even though his "conversion" happened several years ago, he most recently made the decision to follow Christ in baptism.  The Bible says that when we decide to follow Christ, the old creature passes away and we become new.  Several days ago, I went into the bathroom to find my daughter had my curlers in her hair.  She wants to be made new (different hair that is)! It reminded me of our human desire to be transformed.  Are we ever happy with the way things are?  There is always something else to desire! As a believer, Christ desires to transform me.  Only through adversity (there is that word again) is he able to shape and mold me into becoming Christ-like.  I will never reach that goal here while on earth, but I thank God for willingness to transform in spite of myself!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen, So awesome...couldn't have said it better myself. I am loving the blog, it is inspiring. Reminds me of no matter how many times we give up on God and give in to the world, he never gives up on us!
Lots of love,
Mandy

Karen Holsomback said...

Well said, I started blog for this reason. Miss talking with you, lets catch up soon.