September 15, 2010

Tip of the Day!

This weekend a friend and I will be hosting a yard sale.  I have done many a sale and it is a great way to declutter, and hey don't we all have something that we aren't using?  Your most important tactic when doing a sale is to advertise, advertise, advertise.  Of course, some may disagree but sometimes it depends on your location.  In the city where I live, I have seen city workers driving off with my signs and this is why I use other means of getting the word out.  For our sale we put it in the classified, facebooked friends, and also listed on Craig's List.  If your city has a local paper sometimes the ad will be free, so this would be another excellent means of advertising.  The more avenues you use the more people know about your sale.  It always seems to be a good deal of work to get your items out, so you want your time to be worth it and of course earn money for your stuff.  I will have more tips tomorrow, so stay tuned...

No comments: